An adrenaline boost on two wheels
Cycling into the mountains and valleys of Simmental – fun for all levels. Get your pulse racing and enjoy the landscape passing by.
Simmental offers a whole range of bike tours for beginners and advanced riders. From tarmacked roads and natural paths to rocky, and technically challenging mountain trails – with us there is something for everyone. Mountain biking has grown significantly in popularity since the eighties. Thanks to advances in the design and materials used, this high performance sport is safer and more appealing than ever. And the Swiss Alps provide an extremely varied terrain for it. With its gentle pre-alpine and high-alpine landscape, Simmental offers the ideal topographical conditions for cycling. The crossings into the neighbouring valleys of Saanenland and Engstligen/Kandertal are also inviting.
• Lenk – Aegerten – Sulzig – Leiterli
• Lenk – Bühlberg – Hahnenmoos
• Lenk – Iffigenalp
St. Stephan routes:
• Matten – Oberstäg – Albristbachbrücke – Stalde – Matten
• St. Stephan – Ufem Ried – Rüti – Fermelstrasse – Matten – St. Stephan
• St. Stephan – Ried – Lengebrand – Chalberweid – Würtebüel – Schwarzbrand – St. Stephan
• Boltigen – Weissenbach – Eschi – Reidenbach – Schwarzenmatt – Schlünderen – Matte – Boltigen
• Boltigen – Schweitwegen – Spitzhöri – Brand – Moosfang – Chaltebrune – Vita – Parcour – Boltigen
• Boltigen – Garstatt – Laubegg – Grubenwald – Hofstetten – Luegle – Dachweg – Chlättermatt – Boltigen
In the Tourist Center Lenk or Boltigen, you can get two topographic bike maps of the areas Adelboden – Frutigen – Lenk and Gstaad – Lenk – Adelboden for CHF 24.50. The destination also boasts wonderful single trails, which are not marked on the map. The local cycling guides will be happy to share this experience with you.
Guided tours with cycling guide and technique lessons
To discover the most beautiful trails and improve your technique, we recommend the local guides from Bergluft Sport, Lenk Sport & Events and Trailstar.
Find your perfect tour in the tour planner.
Professional advice from experts, sales, rentals, service and clothing – Sputnik Bikeshop in Lenk and Zweisimmen has everything you need. Bergluft Sport in Lenk also sells a range of clothing.
Transport: Lenk Bergbahnen
Day passes for the bike transport can be purchased from Lenk Bergbahnen for CHF 5.–.
Day passes for the bike transport at Lenk and in Adelboden can be purchased from Lenk Bergbahnen for CHF 10.–.
Season passes for the bike transport at Lenk and in Adelboden can be purchased from Lenk Bergbahnen for CHF 60.–.
No discount with the daily GA and the daily GA from the municipality!
The Höchstbahn doesn’t transport any bikes.
Mountainbike maps Bernese Oberland
More detailed maps are available in the Tourist Center Lenk.